The Automotive, Aerospace and Marine Trade Advisory Group is one of eleven such groups established by the Department for International Trade representing key sectors across the economy, from agriculture through to life sciences, telecoms and manufacturing. Their advice will help inform the government’s negotiating position and deliver key asks for industry that will benefit manufacturers across the UK, including securing new market access and agreeing cutting edge digital trade rules.
Stephen brings a wealth of overseas trade experience having worked in industry for thirty five years before becoming Head of the Defence and Security Organisation within UKTI prior to being appointed Chief Executive of Make UK.
Commenting on his appointment, Stephen Phipson, said:
“In the last few months manufacturing has demonstrated just how important it is to the UK economy, adapting and innovating to support the national effort. As we enter a new era of trade relations the sector will be at the forefront of using new technologies to create high value jobs in some of our most dynamic sectors. I’m delighted to support this new initiative to place manufacturing at the leading edge of our new ambitions for trade.”
The other members of the Group are:
- Airbus UK - Katherine Bennett - Senior Vice President
- BMT Group - Sarah Kenny - Chief Executive Officer
- JCB - Philip Bouverat - Director
- McLaren Automotive - Ruth Nic Aoidh - Executive Director, Commercial & Legal
- Nissan Europe - Kevin Fitzpatrick - Senior Vice President, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Princess Yachts - Antony Sheriff - Executive Chairman