The session explores 5G communications within the manufacturing sector – what the technology is all about and how it can benefit UK industry.
As fifth generation mobile data technology becomes more deeply embedded, its impact on manufacturing infrastructure will be ever greater.
But how will this shape the future of manufacturing?
Increased flexibility, efficiency and responsiveness will bring quicker and more autonomous reactions to supply and demand on the production line. Safety will be enhanced and the speed of innovation increased. In the office space, faster data transfer will bring opportunities for more immersive experiences, more creative ways to engage with shopfloor staff and bring remote teams together.
Joining MM editor Chris Beck are a world-class panel of experts
- Duncan Ward, CEO – Enreach
- Riccardo Weber - Project Manager - Manufacturing at WM5G, a 5G testbed in the West Midlands
- Ian Bouquet-Taylor - Operations Director at AE Aerospace, a subcontract manufacturer that works with the aerospace industry, and part of the WM5G testbed.
- Simon Coombs – managing director for Industry X, at business consultancy Accenture
- Keith Perrin, Senior Director of Smart Manufacturing & Digital Transformation at Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division, specialists in collecting and analysing data from the shopfloor.
Watch now to learn
- How can new technologies such as 5G and the cloud be used to improve efficiencies within the manufacturing industry?
- Are cloud communications and 5G seen to be accessible for the manufacturing industry?
- How can individual employees benefit from 5G technology?